Project #1 is finished! Jason came through his surgery with flying colors! Charlie feels good enough to chase squirrels! All is right in my world today! I finished quilting Project #1 last night. This morning I made the binding and sewed it on.
Then trimmed off the excess batting and backing. I always leave a 1/4" or slightly less strip of the batting. The reason I do that is because, if you ever enter a quilt in a competition (this one certainly won't be entered in anything), the quilt judges feel the binding to see if it is stuffed. If not, they won't judge the quilt.They also want you to hand stitch the corners closed.
I sewed this binding on the machine. I wouldn't do that normally but this is just a seasonal throw size and was just made for fun and to use up some of my Halloween fabrics. Also, I always like having a quilt to snuggle with on the couch in the fall and winter. I really don't like that it isn't quilted more and I might go back at some time and add more quilting.
So here it is....ready to go into the washer and dryer to be cleaned and fluffed. It will be all ready for fall.
Next I'm putting the border on the Dresden Plate wall quilt. I have a really good (I think) idea for a border.